Thursday, October 8, 2009

Quaker week and the Quaker Centre
















This week is Quaker week, a time for turning ourselves outwards and promoting the Quaker way to people outside our meetings. Many meetings have open days or hold events during this week.

This year is different, because the Quaker Centre has opened at Friends House and is hosting events to celebrate Quaker week. The picture above shows the worship roomin the Quaker centre. I did a shift as a vounteer on Monday and Wednesday afternoon at the centre, and will be there again on Friday.

It occurred to me as I was reading one of my favourite blogs - boingboing - this morning, that I could do a number of things in the real world and the virtual world to celebrate Quaker week. The first thing I am going to do is to start posting here about things which may interest Quakers. Items on living simply, truth and integrity, social justice, silent worship.

The second thing I am going to do is to set up a regular event in SL for Quaker questions and answers.

No comments: